Basic premise: the ledger nano S is the younger brother, and also the more dated of the ledger X, the big difference between the two devices is that Ledger S can only be connected to the PC via a cable and managed by Ledger Live software, the nano X ledger, on the other hand, is can connect bluetooth to your smartphone and can be managed via app.
How to send cryptocurrencies to Ledger Nano S
Without this premise, let's see today's topic, how to send cryptocurrencies to the dwarf ledger S.
We are in the situation of having already initialized our ledger, so we saved the very long sentence for recovery, set the password to use the nano if connected to the PC.
At this point, open the Ledger Live software
- The send button: is used to send your crypto to external wallets
- The Receive button: is used to receive your cryptocurrencies
- Manager: this is the most important button because it is used to manage the nano s ledger device
We manage and download ledger apps
By default no app is configured, the apps are the applications to manage the wallets of the various cryptocurrencies, obviously, first we must install the cryptocurrency apps that we want to send to our ledger and only then can we proceed to the Receive button.
Now you have to enter the password on the ledger to connect it to Live ledger, so you will have access to the apps to be installed.
- some apps, such as litecoin LTC, will ask you to install the Bitcoin app first, so for coins that run on ethereum or whatever.
- The space on your ledger key is limited, so install only what you need
- Some apps will leave you with a bitter taste in your mouth because to send the coins and keep them in the ledger you will have to take a very tortuous ride.
Let's try to send litecoin on ledger nano s
When you press continue, the ledger Live software will connect to the internal wallet of your nano ledger if it shows you address both the QR that contains the address and the address itself as
Obviously from your exchange you have to go:
- Click on litecoin
- withdraw and put the copied junk